Moda Fabrics from Fat Quarter Shop. These 10" x 5" precuts, only available from Fat Quarter Shop, are perfect for a quick quilt or you can cut them and use them in blocks. I wanted to show the fabrics in their full glory, though...
Eye Candy Lap Quilt
44" x 53"
1 packet of Jolly Bar precuts
1 1/4 yard white fabric
1/4 yard yellow fabric
3/8 yard binding
2 1/4 yard backing fabric
Batting to size
Thread (I always use Aurifil 50wt for piecing!)
From white fabric:
- Cut (2) 5" x WOF strips. Subcut into 2 1/2" x 5" rectangles
- Cut (12) 2 1/2" x WOF strips
From yellow fabric:
- Cut (6) 1 1/2" x WOF strips
From binding fabric:
- Cut (5) 2 1/2" x WOFstrips
2. In order to keep the order of the Jolly Bars, clip the top row of Jolly Bars and press seams. Sew the 2 1/2" x WOF strips of white fabrics together end to end with diagonal seams. Press seams open. Stitch this white strip to the bottom of the top row you just pressed. Trim. Sew the 1 1/2" x WOF yellow strips together end to end with diagonal seams. Press seams open. Stitch this yellow strip to the white strip you just stitched. Trim. Stitch another strip of white onto the yellow strip. Trim and press seams.
3. Clip the second row of Jolly Bars and press seams. Repeat step 2 until you finish with a row of Jolly Bars at the bottom of quilt top. Make a quilt sandwich with backing, batting and quilt top and quilt as desired. Stitch binding strips together end to end with diagonal seams. Press seams open, press binding strip in half, and attach it to front of quilt. Flip it to back and hand stitch binding in place.
Cool huh? It worked for me as I made these two projects in less than 3 hours! I will quilt it with simple straight lines. Here is the best part: Fat Quarter Shop is sponsoring this giveaway!
You have a chance to win The Jolly Bar Book and the Juniper Berry Jolly Bar! This is what you need to do:
- Leave a comment telling me your favorite fast quilt pattern; and
- Leave me another comment if you would like, to tell me you follow this blog.
Make sure I have a way to contact you (if you are a noreply blogger, give me your email as "soandsoatanynetdotcom so you don't get spammed [do not use the @ symbol and .com]). The winner will be announced here on Monday, November 21, in time for a Happy Thanksgiving.
So, play along and have a fun day!