As you can tell I had some fun adding texture to the pink background as I free-motion quilted different motifs everywhere. The grey petals were appliqued using satin stitch (a first for me!) but the butterflies were done with the usual blanket stitch. I had only enough of the white and green fabric for the narrow borders, and of the toile white and green for the yo-yos.
I used Aurifil 50wt for the piecing and Aurifil monofilament to quilt this project. The monofilament was perfect to add texture without adding color, which is exactly what I wanted to do. The fabrics are mostly by Moda (I used here some left over fabric from my design for Moda Bake Shop - see it here).
The pattern for the flowers can be found in Carol Doak's book "300 Paper-Pieced Quilt Blocks", a book I absolutely love!
I think I finally ran out of the pink fabric I used on the butterflies and center of paper pieced flowers. I was a lovely fabric and I only had 1/2 yard of it. I was able to use it on my nesting bread baskets (see them here) and on this wall hanging. Now I am out of it :-( .
"Flower Market" measures 31" x 36". I have Fall projects around the house now but I will hang this quilt in my studio so it will always be Spring there...
I am linking to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict on Friday. Hope you are having a happy day!