City Girl Sew Along. Simple and fast to make: you can use one fabric for the background or piece it as I did. All fabrics are by Riley Blake Designs and the light green print is my favorite - Sew Charming C4546 - super cute!
Here is what you will need for this block:
(1) 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" rectangle of white/gray print fabric (background bottom)
(1) 3-1/2" x 8-1/2" rectangle of green print fabric (background top) -
(1) 5-1/2" x 1/2" rectangle of medium gray fabric (pole)
(1) 6" x 3" rectangle of same medium gray fabric for bench
(1) 3" x 3" square of light gray fabric for the stop sign
matching thread for machine applique' (Aurifil 50wt will be perfect!)
here and for details on how to work with fusible web, click here. The picture above shows templates fused to wrong side of fabrics already (except for the third leg of the bench which I forgot but added later).
Cut around the fused shapes. Snip the corners of the light gray square so you will turn it into an octagon for the bus stop sign.
That is it! Thank you for sewing along for the past 21 weeks! Send me photographs of your blocks so I can feature them on my next post. If you are catching up with us you can find all the blocks on the City Girl Sew Along page of this block or in our Pinterest Board.
In the meantime, have a fun weekend! (I am linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts)