Remember all the strips of fabrics leftover from projects you worked on for years? I have a drawer full of strips of different widths, just waiting to be part of a quilt. Two-and-a-half inch lone strip beauties, remnants of bindings, leftover borders... It is all in there.
Every time I cut strips from yardage of fabrics, I almost hear screams coming from that drawer: "I am already cut to size! Don't I go well with those fabrics? Use me now!" Well, here is our chance to engage into major 'strip-[t]easy' and turn those strips into fabulous projects!
I am thinking wall hangings, table runners, bags, pillows... anything that will use up the strips you already have from older projects or jelly rolls. This is a terrific opportunity to make gifts for all the special occasions coming up in your life, including Christmas.
To inspire you, I will be posting projects I am working on. Here is the first one:
Here are the rules:
1. Leave a comment on this post letting me know you would like to join
2. Grab the challenge button on the right blog border and display it on your blog
3. Use already cut strips from your stash. Of course, add new strips for sashing, etc., as required by the design
4. You may consider small projects. This way you will avoid adding more strips to the pile. However, if you have a 'must make' idea for a larger project, go for it
5. Submit up to three projects for this challenge
6. Submission day: May 28, 2014. Link your project (s) to the linky party on this blog
The winner will be announced on May 30 on this blog, and will receive:
My absolute favorite threads!
Fat Quarter Shop $15 Gift Certificate
A bundle of 1/2 yards of 3 Kokopelli-themed fabrics
What do you say? Just leave a comment letting me know you are in!