The patterns are for baby clothes; some have tiny applique and embroidery, many just embroidery. I am so glad my sister is not using them right now (my mom had originally given them to my sister, who agreed to let me keep them for a while...)!
Look at the date when she purchased this one (remember - month/day/year):
This is the other book she brought...
Speaking of more modern designs, I love Anni Downs' patterns (Hatched and Patched)! They are simple, whimsical, sweet... Perhaps inspired by the Ho Ho Ho Blog Hop, I looked through Anni Down's "A Christmas Story" book of patterns, and will definitely put it on top of my to do list. I would like to adapt some of the blocks and make a bunting for the mantel with applique and embroidery - wouldn't that be cool? I could use lots of wool, threads of different textures, buttons or ...
... perhaps I should just finish the projects I have on my cutting table first:
- Winter Wonderland embroidery
- Noah's Arch embroidery for the grandchild
- Next row of the Round Robin quilt due in September
- Finish quilting Hawaiian quilt for a friend
- Put last border on my own Hawaiian quilt
- Quilt double wedding ring table topper
Ai, ai, ai... Excuse me while I put all the embroidery books away! :-)